‘Women in Thoroughbred Racing NT’ started as an idea during Darwin Cup Carnival 2009, and has now blossomed into a fully incorporated Association headed by a committed and enthusiastic group of ladies who share a passion for Thoroughbred Racing in the Northern Territory.
The objects for which the Association is established are:
- To promote and foster the ongoing inclusion of women in the thoroughbred racing industry throughout the Northern Territory.
- To establish, maintain and conduct an Association of non-political character, to provide for regular fundraising activities among its members and their guests and to invite persons of distinction and attainment to be their guests of honour at such activities.
- To provide a social network for its members and to raise funds to support and promote female participants in the NT thoroughbred racing network.
- To establish an organisation that will stand for NT women in thoroughbred racing and provide a voice on matters of concern to industry participants.
- To engage and participate on race days to promote awareness and foster education, training, sponsorship and any other activities regarding involvement of women in thoroughbred racing.
- To do all such things as are incidental or necessary for the purpose of the above objects.
Our Association, which launched in March 2010 is attracting much interest through actively engaging in the promotion of our industry through functions and fundraising. Our membership numbers are ever increasing and we have the support of other industry Associations and peak bodies.
We look forward to assisting Northern Territory Thoroughbred Racing industry participants, particularly women, and hope for your support to ensure our continued success.